Epimedium 'Black Sea'
A reliable and easy to grow perennial, Epimedium 'Black Sea' has handsome, rounded green leaves for much of the year which turn dark glossy, purple-black in the winter.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A reliable and easy to grow perennial, Epimedium 'Black Sea' has handsome, rounded, green dark green leaves for much of the year which turn dark glossy, purple-black in the winter. Small star-shaped yellow flowers appear in Spring above the foliage.
Excellent choice for groundcover with winter interest.
- Position: Light dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Epimedium 'Black Sea' grows to be a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 15 - 20 cm (<1 ft)
- Spread: 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- Notes: To tidy up if required, trim off all the old leaves in late winter before the flowers emerge in the following spring.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
- On sale!
- On sale!