Deschampsia cespitosa 'Goldschleier'
(Tufted Hair Grass) Also known as Deschampsia 'Gold Veil', this is a handsome evergreen grass forming a clump once established with with long, stiff dark green leaves and tall golden flower spikes in mid summer.
Looks great as a stand alone plant or in groups. Best display of flower spikes in a sunny position with good drainage.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A striking evergreen, Deschampsia cespitosa 'Goldschleier' is clump forming with long, stiff dark green leaves and tall golden flower spikes in mid summer. The seed heads can last into winter giving plenty of late interest.
Best display in a position with full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Deschampsia cespitosa 'Goldschleier' is a medium sized to large grass.
- Height: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 80 - 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: Also known as Deschampsia cespitosa 'Golden Veil'
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Medium (1m - 2m), Grass - Large (2m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer