Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill'
(Winter flowering Daphne) Planted next to our nursery office, Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' is an evergreen shrub known for having masses of long lasting, heavily scented flowers in winter once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
In the wild this beautiful evergreen plant with scented flowers grows in the Eastern Himalayas from East Nepal to Bhutan. The cultivar Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' is a superb, upright shrub, raised by Alan Postill at Hilliers Nursery and named after his wife. In January and February, the abundant pink flowers have an exquisite perfume, and last well when cut and used in floral decorations.
An ideal plant for positions near front or back doors where the full impact of the scent can be felt daily when in flower!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' will grow best when sheltered from cold winter winds. In very cold winters this plant can loose some or all of its leaves when young.
- Flowering Period: January - February
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established, then moderate.
- Habit: Large branching, upright shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Scented, Evergreen, To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February)
Click on a thumbnail to load the video
You might also like