(Pineapple Broom) A handsome small tree most suited to a hot and sunny garden, Cytisus battandieri has masses of bright yellow, scented flowers in the summer once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A beautiful plant introduced to the UK from Morocco in the early 1920's, Cytisus battandieri has pineapple-coloured and scented flowers produced in conical clusters in midsummer. The leaves are a delicate silver-grey and have a lovely silky texture.
An excellent, upright plant for growing against a sunny wall and fence and best planted in an often used area of the garden, where the strongly scented flowers can be enjoyed in summer.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Cytisus battandieri will grow best in a hot spot and requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: Bright yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Slightly spindly as a young plant, Cytisus battandieri will grow to be a large shrub or eventually a small, spreading tree.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Argyrocytisus battandieri.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Scented
You might also like