(Pineapple Broom) A handsome small tree most suited to a hot and sunny garden, Cytisus battandieri has masses of bright yellow, scented flowers in the summer once established.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A beautiful plant introduced to the UK from Morocco in the early 1920's, Cytisus battandieri has pineapple-coloured and scented flowers produced in conical clusters in midsummer. The leaves are a delicate silver-grey and have a lovely silky texture.
An excellent, upright plant for growing against a sunny wall and fence and best planted in an often used area of the garden, where the strongly scented flowers can be enjoyed in summer.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Cytisus battandieri will grow best in a hot spot and requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: Bright yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Slightly spindly as a young plant, Cytisus battandieri will grow to be a large shrub or eventually a small, spreading tree.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Argyrocytisus battandieri.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Scented, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Blue/Silver