- On sale!
Crocosmia 'George Davidson'
(Montbretia) Superb dwarf form of Crocosmia with masses of large yellow flowers in late summer and pleated sword-like leaves which are deep green and give a lovely vertical accent to the border.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Superb dwarf form of Crocosmia with masses of large yellow flowers in late summer and pleated sword-like leaves which are deep green and give a lovely vertical accent to the border. The flowers are vibrant canary yellow; appearing on branched spikes from early July to August. This variety is slower spreading than most and earlier to flower.
Best flower display if planted in a position with plenty of sun and also grows well in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clump forming perennial with upright flower stems.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 30 cm (1 ft)
- Notes: The stems of Crocosmia 'George Davidson' can be cut to produce eye-catching cut flowers in late summer. Mature plants can be divided in the spring and replanted as required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowering in Autumn, Wildlife Friendly - Bees