(Oriental or Eastern Thorn) A beautiful small tree, Crataegus orientalis has eye-catching flowers and deeply cut, downy leaves which are grey-silver on the underside.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A beautiful small tree, Crataegus orientalis has deeply cut, downy leaves which are grey-silver on the underside. Established trees have clusters of white flowers in late spring followed by sizeable coral orange and red fruit in autumn.
Crataegus orientalis will produce its best display of berries in a position with full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Small, rounded tree once established.
- Height: Eventually 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
You might also like