Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox'
(Hawthorn) A rare small tree, Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox' is covered with fearsome thorns once established and makes an excellent barrier plant.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare small tree, Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox' is covered with fearsome thorns once established and makes an excellent barrier plant. Clusters of white flowers in spring are followed by red berries in autumn popular with birds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox' grows to be a small rounded tree in time. It can also be pruned regularly to grow as part of a hedge.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Wildlife Friendly - Birds, Ornamental Bark