Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox'
(Hawthorn) A rare small tree, Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox' is covered with fearsome thorns once established and makes an excellent barrier plant.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare small tree, Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox' is covered with fearsome thorns once established and makes an excellent barrier plant. Clusters of white flowers in spring are followed by red berries in autumn popular with birds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Crataegus monogyna 'Ferox' grows to be a small rounded tree in time. It can also be pruned regularly to grow as part of a hedge.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Good for Wildlife (Birds), Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
- On sale!
- On sale!