Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus'
(Yellow-berried Cotoneaster) A semi-evergreen shrub or small tree native to Western China, Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' has clusters of white flowers in summer, followed by masses of creamy-yellow berries in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A semi-evergreen shrub or small tree native to Western China, Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' has clusters of white flowers in summer, followed by masses of creamy-yellow berries in autumn. These colourful fruit stand out well against the glossy, dark green leaves.
Established Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' are covered with huge amounts of berries which also tend to be very long lasting, as birds and animals usually leave yellow fruit until other food supplies have been exhausted.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' is a semi-evergreen plant and as such can loose its leaves in a very cold winter.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large shrub or eventually small branching, upright tree with arching branches.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Cotoneaster salicifolius 'Rothschildianus' is a very good plant for screening.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Screening/Hedge, Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental
- On sale!