Cotinus coggygria 'Old Fashioned'
(Smokebush) Grown for its unusual leaves, Cotinus coggygria 'Old Fashioned' has striking purple/red young leaves which gradually turn greenish-blue as they age.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Grown for its unusual leaves, Cotinus coggygria 'Old Fashioned' has striking purple/red young leaves which gradually turn greenish-blue as they age. In the autumn the leaves turn vivid shades of orange and red before falling. Panicles of smoke-like flowers appear in mid to late summer once established.
Best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Cotinus coggygria 'Old Fashioned' is a medium sized to large with a rounded habit.
- Height: up to 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
You might also like