Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple'
(Purple-leaved Smoke Bush) First class shrub, Cotinus 'Royal Purple' has deep purple, rounded leaves in spring and summer which turn fiery shades of red/orange before falling in autumn
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
First class shrub, Cotinus 'Royal Purple' has deep purple, rounded leaves in spring and summer which turn fiery shades of red/orange before falling in autumn. In the summer flower heads appear which resemble wispy plumes of pink smoke above the darker foliage.
Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' is a fine choice of shrub for a sunny border where the leaves are lit up to appear like stained glass by the sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Pruning: In smaller gardens, Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' can be pruned back hard in March each year to encourage fresh new growth and reduce the end size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like