Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple'
(Purple-leaved Smoke Bush) First class shrub, Cotinus 'Royal Purple' has deep purple, rounded leaves in spring and summer which turn fiery shades of red/orange before falling in autumn
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
First class shrub, Cotinus 'Royal Purple' has deep purple, rounded leaves in spring and summer which turn fiery shades of red/orange before falling in autumn. In the summer flower heads appear which resemble wispy plumes of pink smoke above the darker foliage.
Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' is a fine choice of shrub for a sunny border where the leaves are lit up to appear like stained glass by the sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Pruning: In smaller gardens, Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' can be pruned back hard in March each year to encourage fresh new growth and reduce the end size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Honey Fungus Resistant, Autumn Colour, Foliage - Purple/Red