- Sold Out
Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple'
(Purple-leaved Smoke Bush) First class shrub, Cotinus 'Royal Purple' has deep purple, rounded leaves in spring and summer which turn fiery shades of red/orange before falling in autumn
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
First class shrub, Cotinus 'Royal Purple' has deep purple, rounded leaves in spring and summer which turn fiery shades of red/orange before falling in autumn. In the summer flower heads appear which resemble wispy plumes of pink smoke above the darker foliage.
Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' is a fine choice of shrub for a sunny border where the leaves are lit up to appear like stained glass by the sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Pruning: In smaller gardens, Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple' can be pruned back hard in March each year to encourage fresh new growth and reduce the end size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Honey Fungus Resistant, Autumn Colour, Foliage - Purple/Red
- On sale!