(Turkish Hazel) A remarkable tree native to parts of South-east Europe and Western Asia, with a striking pyramidal habit and much sought after for its architectural appeal.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A remarkable tree native to parts of South-east Europe and Western Asia, with a striking pyramidal habit and much sought after for its architectural appeal. The leaves of Corylus colurna are a lush, dark green and catkins appear in spring followed by interestingly shaped fruits later in the year.
The bark becomes ridged and corky on mature trees, sometimes peeling to reveal orange/brown bark beneath. Corylus colurna grows to be a handsome garden or street tree.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April (Catkins).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Corylus colurna grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, pyramidal tree.
- Height: up to 20 m (65 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 7 m (23 ft) if left unpruned.
- Notes: Corylus colurna is notably drought resistant one established.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Catkins, Habit - Architectural
You might also likeNew Price Each £45.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00Regular price £22.50 -10% New Price Each £20.25
New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £18.95Regular price £28.00 -10% New Price Each £25.20
- On sale!
New Price Each £28.00
- On sale!