- Sold Out
(Buttercup Winterhazel) A beautiful plant native to Japan and Taiwan, in early spring Corylopsis pauciflora has masses of lovely, scented, primrose-yellow flowers.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A beautiful plant native to Japan and Taiwan, in early spring Corylopsis pauciflora has masses of lovely, scented, primrose-yellow flowers. These flowers appear on the bare stems and are followed by delicate, veined and toothed hazel-like leaves.
The young leaves have a thin, plum-purple edge before turning light green as they age. In a good, crisp autumn these leaves can turn golden-yellow before falling.
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy but grows best when sheltered from strong winds. Corylopsis pauciflora should be protected from late spring frost as a young plant
- Flowering Period: March.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Corylopsis pauciflora grows to be a medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Notes: Corylopsis pauciflora is best planted in an area of your garden which will be visited early in the year when in full flower.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers