Cornus mas 'Kasanlaker'
(Cornelian Cherry) New to us, Cornus mas 'Kasanlaker' is large shrub or eventually small, deciduous tree with masses of bright yellow flowers on bare stems in late winter or early spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Cornus mas 'Kasanlaker' is large srub or eventually small, decideous tree with masses of bright yellow flowers on bare stems in late winter or early spring. These flowers are followed by large red, edible fruit in late summer or autumn. The leaves are mid green with attractive purple and orange tints in autumn before they fall.
Best flower and fruit display if planted in a position with plenty of sun..
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, moist soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: February.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large, branching shrub or eventually small, branching vase-shaped tree..
- Height: 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Notes: Cornus mas 'Kasanlaker' requires pollination by a different Cornus mas planted nearby in order to produce a reliably good crop of fruit for use in cooking.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Winter, Fruit - Edible