Cornus kousa 'Kreuzdame'
(Flowering Dogwood) Cornus kousa 'Kreuzdame' is a handsome large shrub or eventually very small somewhat rounded tree with large white flower bracts in early to mid summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Cornus kousa 'Kreuzdame' is a handsome large shrub or eventually very small somewhat rounded tree with eye0catching large white flower bracts in early to mid summer. The dark green summer leaves turn shades of yellow, orange and red before falling in autumn.
Best flower display once established if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Kreuzdame' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small, rounded tree. A little slower growing and more compact than some of the other Cornus kousa cultivars.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Kreuzdame' is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers, Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer