Cornus kousa 'Beni-fuji'
(Flowering Dogwood) A medium sized to large shrub, Cornus kousa 'Beni-fuji' has masses of narrow, pointed pink flower bracts in early to mid summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A medium sized to large shrub, Cornus kousa 'Beni-fuji' has masses of narrow, pointed pink flower bracts in early to mid summer. The leaves are dark green with handsome orange and red autumn tints before they fall in October.
Cornus kousa 'Beni-fuji' will have the best display of bracts in a position with full sun. Smaller and more shrubby in habit than some of the other flowering dogwoods we grow and suitable for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Pink.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Beni Fuji' grows to be a large shrub in time.
- Height: 2.5 - 4 m (8 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like