Cornus kousa 'Eurostar'
(Flowering Dogwood) An attractive selection, Cornus kousa 'Eurostar' has large white flower bracts in early summer which gradually turn shades of pink and red on the margins as they age.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An attractive selection, Cornus kousa 'Eurostar' has large white flower bracts in early summer which gradually turn shades of pink and red on the margins as they age.
The leaves are mid green with colourful orange or yellow autumn tints and once established this Cornus can produces large red-orange, lychee-like fruit in September after a hot summer.
Cornus kousa 'Eurostar' is usually slightly more compact and spreading than the similar Cornus kousa 'China Girl' and best suited to a position in full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Eurostar' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a dense, spreading habit.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 5 - 6m (16 - 20 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like