Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino'
(Flowering Dogwood) New to us, Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' is a recent selection with with leaves which emerge green in colour and turning bronze to purple red in strong sunlight.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
New to us, Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' is a recent selection with with leaves which emerge green in colour and turning bronze to purple red in strong sunlight. Established plants have masses of eye-catching white flower bracts in early summer, followed by small, colourful red/orange fruit later in the year.
Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' has excellent foliage interest and long lasting summer flower bracts. Best suited for a position in full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' will tolerate dry soils once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' grows to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like