Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino'
(Flowering Dogwood) New to us, Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' is a recent selection with with leaves which emerge green in colour and turning bronze to purple red in strong sunlight.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
New to us, Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' is a recent selection with with leaves which emerge green in colour and turning bronze to purple red in strong sunlight. Established plants have masses of eye-catching white flower bracts in early summer, followed by small, colourful red/orange fruit later in the year.
Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' has excellent foliage interest and long lasting summer flower bracts. Best suited for a position in full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' will tolerate dry soils once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Cappuccino' grows to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like