Trees & Shrubs
Gift IdeasBetula utilis 'Doorenbos' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 125 - 150 cm tall)£32.00Acer palmatum 'Orange Dream' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£38.00Deutzia x hybrida... Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£16.95Cornus kousa 'China Girl' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£35.00
Gift IdeasCornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£40.00Polystichum yunnanense Supplied Size-2L pot£13.95Diervilla rivularis 'Honeybee' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 20 - 30 cm tall)£16.95Verbena 'Lollipop'£0.00
Gift IdeasStyrax japonica 'Pink Chimes' Supplied Size-4L pot (3 - 4 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall)£55.00Hosta 'August Moon' Supplied Size-3L pot£13.25 £13.95 -5%
Magnolia 'Joli Pompom' Supplied Size-3L pot (3 years old, 30 - 40 cm tall)£38.00Carex comans 'Amazon Mist' Supplied Size-3L pot£13.95
- On sale!
Cornus kousa 'China Girl'
(Flowering Dogwood) Cornus kousa 'China Girl' is an improved early flowering form of the more well known Cornus kousa var chinensis and has masses of large, creamy-white flower bracts in June.
Free standard delivery for orders over £85*
*Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
Add a gift card & message to your order
This particular dogwood is an improved early flowering form of the more well known Cornus kousa var chinensis and has masses of large, creamy-white flower bracts in June. Brightly coloured, strawberry-like fruits follow the flower bracts in autumn after a hot summer.
The leaves are dark green in summer and turn pretty shades of red/orange in autumn before falling. It is an excellent choice for a sunny border and can also be grown in a large container if required.
Introduced from Hupeh, a central province in China in 1910, Cornus kousa has proved to be a first class, small, hardy tree with huge numbers of eye-catching bracts. Plant in a position with plenty of sun for the best possible flower display.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Cornus kousa 'China Girl' will tolerate dry soils once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'China Girl' grows to be a large shrub in the short term or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large, Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers, Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer
Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi'
Cornus kousa 'Madame Butterfly'
Cornus kousa 'Milky way'
Betula utilis 'Doorenbos'
Osmanthus x burkwoodii
Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple'
Acer cappadocicum 'Aureum'
Malus x 'Evereste'
Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady'
Amelanchier canadensis 'Rainbow Pillar'
Euonymus alatus 'Compactus'
Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'
Euonymus clivicola var rongchuensis
- On sale!