Cornus alba 'Sibirica Variegata'
(Dogwood) Cornus alba 'Sibirica Variegata' has creamy-white, boldly variegated foliage which develops splendid autumn tints and bright-red stems in winter.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This colourful shrub has creamy-white, boldly variegated foliage which develops splendid autumn tints and bright-red stems in winter. Clusters of pale blueish-white berries appear in early autumn.
Cornus alba 'Sibirica Variegata' is an excellent border plant but can also be used for informal hedging and makes a good backdrop for other garden plants.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade (best winter stem colour in a sunny position)
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Cornus alba 'Sibirica Variegata' grows to be a large branching shrub if left unpruned.
- Height: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) if pruned yearly or 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) if unpruned.
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) if pruned yearly or 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) if unpruned.
- Pruning: In our opinion, Cornus alba 'Sibirica Variegata' is most attractive if pruned hard to about 30 - 40 cm above the ground early each spring. This will prevent it getting to large and rejuvenate the plant so the bright coloured stems appear each year.
- Notes: Particularly splendid when planted in large groups as part of a winter border.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Variegated, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems