Cornus x 'Norman Haddon'
(Flowering Dogwood) Cornus x 'Norman Haddon' is an unusual and beautiful large shrub or eventually very small tree with masses of creamy-white bracts in mid-summer once established.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual and exciting cross between Cornus kousa and Cornus capitata, this beautiful selection has masses of large, creamy-white bracts in mid-summer. The flower bracts of Cornus x 'Norman Haddon' turn pink just before they fall and in hot years pendent, strawberry-like red fruit appear later in summer.
Unlike the other Cornus listed here this is semi-evergreen and in very mild weather the leaves can stay on over winter. In colder times, the leaves can show good bronze/red tints before falling. Cornus x 'Norman Haddon' is a very attractive specimen plant most suitable for a position with full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus x 'Norman Haddon' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £18.00
New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £18.95New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £25.00