Cornus x rutgersensis 'Stellar Pink'
(Flowering Dogwood) A stunning deciduous small tree once established with dark green summer leaves and masses of rounded, overlapping, soft-pink, flower bracts in early summer.
A superb small tree with best display of flowers when planted in a position with plenty of sun and ideally a little shelter from strong winds.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A new hybrid, flowering dogwood, Cornus x rutgersensis 'Stellar Pink' has rounded, overlapping, soft-pink, flower bracts in early summer. Once established this Cornus has an upright, branching habit.
The leaves are dark green and turn colourful shades of orange, red or yellow before falling in autumn. Cornus x rutgersensis 'Stellar Pink' is a fascinating large shrub or eventually small tree. Best planted in a warm, sunny position!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. In the United Kingdom, Cornus x rutgerensis 'Stellar Pink' is perfectly hardy as long as it receives plenty of summer heat to ripen the new growth. In cold or exposed, windy areas, this plant would benefit from being planted in more shelter, preferably near a south facing wall or fence.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus x rutgerensis 'Stellar Pink' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a branching upright habit.
- Height: 6 m (20ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic. This plant is a cross between Cornus florida and Cornus kousa.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer