Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder'
(Flowering Dogwood) A spectacular large shrub or eventually small tree, Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder' has lovely, huge, creamy-white flower bracts in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A spectacular large shrub or eventually small tree, Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder' has lovely, huge, creamy-white flower bracts in early summer. It was first selected by a British Columbia nurseryman called Henry Matheson, Eddie. These flower bracts appear on this cultivar earlier in the year than than on other Cornus kousa listed here.
The leaves are bright green in spring / summer and in a good year will turn a fantastic, rich strawberry pink / red in autumn. Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder' is an unusual and delightful garden plant with sensational flower bracts!
Looks very nice when planted near Cornus kousa 'China Girl', another dogwood with white bracts which flowers a little later, so the bracts of the 'China Girl' are coming into their best as the bracts of the 'Eddies White Wonder' fade and go over.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder' benefits from protection against late spring frosts, once the new leaves emerge in spring as a young plant.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a branching and sometimes slightly tiered shape.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus x 'Eddie's White Wonder' is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic. This plant is a hybrid between Cornus florida 'Rubra' and Cornus nuttallii.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot