Cornus mas 'Jolico'
(Cornelian Cherry) Cornus mas 'Jolico' is a German cultivar which was first selected to be used for commercial fruit production and has masses of edible red fruit in mid to late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A charming German form of Cornus mas which was first selected to be used for commercial fruit production. This has the familiar, lovely clusters of yellow flowers in early spring and once established will produce masses of vivid-red berries (up to three times larger than those of a classic Cornus mas) from midsummer onwards.
These are fruit are very popular with wildlife and can also be used with other fruit to make jams or other preserves.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, moist soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: February.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large, branching shrub.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: Cornus mas ' Jolico' requires pollination by a different Cornus mas in order to produce a reliably good crop of fruit for use in cooking.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible
You might also like