(Eastern Hemlock) A handsome evergreen tree, Tsuga canadensis grows with a broadly pyramidal habit and arching branches covered with finely textured needles.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome evergreen tree, Tsuga canadensis grows with a broadly pyramidal habit and arching branches covered with finely textured needles. They sometimes grow with a slightly pendulous leader and established plants have ovoid (egg-shaped) cones.
Tsuga canadensis grows with a conical habit and gracefully spreading branches. A superb woodland tree once established but it can also be planted in numbers as a screening tree or cut back to grow as a dense hedge.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Prefers damp/moist, fertile soil but will not tolerate water logging.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Although taller in the wild, Tsuga canadensis will usually grow to be a medium sized, pyramidal tree in the UK if not pruned.
- Height: 15 m - 20 m (50 - 65 ft)
- Spread: up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge
You might also like