(Eastern Hemlock) A handsome evergreen tree, Tsuga canadensis grows with a broadly pyramidal habit and arching branches covered with finely textured needles.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome evergreen tree, Tsuga canadensis grows with a broadly pyramidal habit and arching branches covered with finely textured needles. They sometimes grow with a slightly pendulous leader and established plants have ovoid (egg-shaped) cones.
Tsuga canadensis grows with a conical habit and gracefully spreading branches. A superb woodland tree once established but it can also be planted in numbers as a screening tree or cut back to grow as a dense hedge.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Prefers damp/moist, fertile soil but will not tolerate water logging.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Although taller in the wild, Tsuga canadensis will usually grow to be a medium sized, pyramidal tree in the UK if not pruned.
- Height: 15 m - 20 m (50 - 65 ft)
- Spread: up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge