Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Serpentine'
(Contorted Douglas Fir) Rare in the UK, Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Serpentine' has eye-catching, twisted branches and a generally upright habit.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Rare in the UK, Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Serpentine' has eye-catching, twisted branches and a generally upright habit.
This is an evergreen conifer and makes an interesting architectural plant once established. Its comparatively slow growth rate makes it suitable for small gardens.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Serpentine' grows to be a very small contorted tree in the long term.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems