Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire'
(Sweet Pepper Bush) Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' is a handsome upright shrub with spikes of fragrant, small, bell-like bink flowers in late summer which are popular with bees and butterflies.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' is a handsome upright shrub with spikes of fragrant, small, bell-like bink flowers in late summer which are popular with bees and butterflies. The leaves emerge in late spring and are bright green in colour with yellow and orange autumn tints before falling.
Although tolerant of some shade, the best flower and autumn colour display will usually be seen when planted in a position with plenty of sun..
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' grows to be a small to medium sized shrub. Upright initially, spreading once more established.
- Height: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Prune to remove dead or damaged stems in early spring. Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' is notably resistant to honey fungus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot, Scented