A beautiful rare species native to China, Clethra fargesii is a medium sized to large, upright shrub with long (up to 25cm), pure white, fragrant flower panicules in summer once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A beautiful rare species native to China, Clethra fargesii is a medium sized to large, upright shrub with long (up to 25cm), pure white, fragrant flower panicules in summer once established. These flowers are popular with bees and butterflies. The green summer leaves have attractive yellow and gold autumn tints before falling.
Clethra fargesii will usually flower best if planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Avoid cold, windy areas.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clethra fargesii grows to be a medium to large shrub in most parts of the UK.
- Height: 2.5 - 3m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Prune to remove dead or damaged stems in early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Scented
You might also like