- On sale!
Clethra alnifolia 'Anne Bidwell'
(Sweet Pepper Bush) A medium sized shrub introduced from North America, Clethra alnifolia 'Anne Bidwell' is clothed in racemes of beautiful, fragrant white flowers in summer, very popular with butterflies and bees.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A medium sized shrub introduced from North America, Clethra alnifolia 'Anne Bidwell' is clothed in racemes of beautiful, fragrant white flowers in summer, very popular with butterflies and bees.
It has attractive green leaves in spring and summer which develop good yellow tints before falling in autumn. Excellent flowering shrub which gives its best display in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Clethra alnifolia 'Anne Bidwell' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m
- Spread: 2 m
- Notes: Prune to remove dead or damaged stems in early spring. Clethra alnifolia 'Anne Bidwell' is notably resistant to honey fungus.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Honey Fungus Resistant, Scented
You might also like