Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn'
Unusual in the United Kingdom, Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn' has long, narrow, dark green leaves and lovely pale pink, azalea-like flowers in late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Unusual in the United Kingdom, Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn' has long, narrow, dark green leaves and lovely pale pink, azalea-like flowers in late summer. In a hot sunny garden, masses of pink flowers make this a particularly eye-catching flowering tree.
Ideally suited for a hot, south facing garden against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Hot position in full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Pale purplish-pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn' grows to be a large rounded shrub in the UK once established.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as x Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Pink Dawn' and is most suited to a very hot, sunny garden. In cool areas of the U.K. or shady gardens, this plant may not flower well or at all.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large