Chaenomeles x superba 'Clementine'
(Flowering Quince) A small deciduous shrub, Chaenomeles x superba 'Clementine' has a dense, spreading habit and masses of vibrant dark orange-red flowers in Spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A small deciduous shrub, Chaenomeles x superba 'Clementine' has a dense, spreading habit and masses of vibrant dark orange-red flowers in Spring. The leaves are glossy and green in colour. Rounded aromatic fruit appear on the branches in late summer or autumn.
Although tolerant of some shade, best flower display will usually be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun..
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Chaenomeles x superba 'Clementine' grows to be a small to medium sized, spreading shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Flowers in Spring