Chaenomeles speciosa 'Apple Blossom'
(Japanese Quince) Native to eastern Asia, Chaenomeles speciosa 'Apple Blossom' has lush, dark green leaves and in late winter or early spring, masses of lovely white flowers with a pink flush.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to eastern Asia, Chaenomeles speciosa 'Apple Blossom' has lush, dark green leaves and in late winter or early spring, masses of lovely white flowers with a pink flush.
The sensational display of flowers, lasting for several weeks early in the year more then makes up for this and Chaenomeles is a worthy addition to a flowering border in nearly any garden!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Chaenomeles speciosa 'Apple Blossom' grows to be a medium sized to large shrub with a dense, branching habit.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft) // [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) // [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: This plant is also known as Chaenomeles speciosa 'Moerloosei'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Honey Fungus Resistant, Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)