Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady'
(Flowering Quince) An eye-catching medium sized shrub in Spring, Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' has masses of bright pink flowers in March and April.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An eye-catching shrub in Spring, Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' has masses of bright pink flowers in March and April. These flowers are followed later in the year by small, green fruit. The leaves are dark green, sometimes turning shades of yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
Although it will grow in some shade, Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' flowers best in a warm sunny position and can be trained to grow agains walls or fences.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Chaenomeles superba 'Pink Lady' grows to be a medium sized shrub with a dense, branching habit.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring, Honey Fungus Resistant, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Fruit - Ornamental, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!