Chaenomeles japonica 'Sargentii'
(Flowering Quince) A handsome, low-growing shrub, Chaenomeles japonica 'Sargentii' has masses of vibrant red-pink to orange flowers in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome, low-growing shrub, Chaenomeles japonica 'Sargentii' has masses of vibrant red-pink to orange flowers in spring. These flowers are followed by small green or yellow fruit later in the summer. The leaves are dark green, sometimes turning shades of yellow or bronze before falling in autumn.
Although it will grow in some shade, Chaenomeles japonica 'Sargentii' flowers best in a warm sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Chaenomeles japonica 'Sargentii' grows to be a low, spreading, small or eventually medium sized shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot
You might also like