Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls'
(Weeping Redbud) New to us, Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls' is a stunning small tree cascading, weeping branches once established covered with dark purple heart-shaped leaves in Spring and summer.
The plants currently available are to large to be sent out with our mail order service and can only be ordered for collection from our nursery - if you add this plant to your basket, normal courier delivery options will not appear.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls' is a stunning small tree cascading, weeping branches once established covered with dark purple heart-shaped leaves in Spring and summer. These leaves turn vibrant shades of orange and purple before falling in autumn. Masses of purple flowers cover the bare stems in Spring before the leaves emerge.
Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls' will give its best display of foliage and flower if planted in a sunny position with shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils. Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls' dislikes very wet or poorly drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: Purple-pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Cercis canadensis 'Ruby Falls' grows to be a very small, weeping, umbrella shaped tree.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Cercis do not transplant well and should be left undisturbed once planted in position. Please do not feed this Cercis with artificial plant food after planting it out, this can severely damage the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Habit - Weeping, Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Purple/Red