(Judas Tree) A small tree native to the Eastern Mediterranean region, Cercis siliquastrum is covered with bright pink flower in late April and May once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A small tree native to the Eastern Mediterranean region, Cercis siliquastrum is covered with bright pink flower in late April and May once established. These flowers appear on bare wood before the leaves emerge.
The leaves are heart-shaped and dark green in spring/summer before turning butter yellow and falling in autumn.
Cercis siliquastrum is most suited for a sunny position with well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils. Cercis siliquastrum dislikes very wet or poorly drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Bright pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cercis siliquastrum grows to be a small in the short term or eventually medium sized spreading tree.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Cercis do not transplant well and should be left undisturbed once planted in position. Please do not feed this Cercis with artificial plant food after planting it out, this can severely damage the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers