Cercis canadensis 'Lavender Twist'
(Weeping Redbud) A dramatic new introduction from the United States, Cercis canadensis 'Lavender Twist' is a weeping small tree with masses of pink flowers and cascading branches.
The plants currently available are to large to be sent out with our mail order service and can only be ordered for collection from our nursery - if you add this plant to your basket, normal courier delivery options will not appear.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A dramatic new introduction from the United States, Cercis canadensis 'Lavender Twist' is a weeping small tree with masses of pink flowers and cascading branches. The flowers are lavender-pink in colour and cover the bare stems in late spring before the leaves emerge. The leaves are dark green and heart-shaped.
Cercis canadensis 'Lavender Twist' is a wonderful small garden tree with a striking silhouette.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils. Cercis canadensis 'Lavender Twist' dislikes very wet or poorly drained soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: Lavender-pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Cercis canadensis 'Lavender Twist' grows to be a very small, weeping, umbrella shaped tree.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Cercis do not transplant well and should be left undisturbed once planted in position. Please do not feed this Cercis with artificial plant food after planting it out, this can severely damage the root system.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Habit - Weeping, Honey Fungus Resistant