Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Peach'
(Katsura Tree) New to us, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Peach' has been selected for its autumn colour with the leaves turning pink, orange and red before falling and the peach-like, candyfloss scent that comes from the falling leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
New to us, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Peach' has been selected for its autumn colour with the leaves turning pink, orange and red before falling and the peach-like, candyfloss scent that comes from the falling leaves.
Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Peach' will grow to be a small tree or eventually medium sized inthe long term and will usually have its best display of autumn colour if sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Peach' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized tree.
- Height: up to 8 - 12 m (26 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Scented, Honey Fungus Resistant, Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot
You might also like