Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Chameleon'
(Katsura Tree) New to us, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Chameleon' is graceful small tree with attractive but irregular creamy golden-white variegation on the leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Katsura Tree) New to us, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Chameleon' is graceful small tree with attractive but irregular creamy golden-white variegation on the leaves. These leaves turn lovely shades of pink, orange and red before falling in autumn.
Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Chameleon' is a rare small tree, best planted in a position with some shelter from strong winds and light, dappled shade!
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 30 - 40 cm tall)
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in acid soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy but vulnerable to late spring frosts as a young plant, although it usually recovers well. Grows best in an area sheltered from strong winds (this also allows the tree to keep its autumn colour for as long as possible).
- Rate of Growth: Generally slow growing.
- Habit: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Chameleon' grows to be a small tree with a bushy, rounded crown.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like