Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Tidal Wave'
(Weeping Katsura Tree) An unusual tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Tidal Wave' is fairly vigorous with a lovely weeping habit and sea green leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual weeping Katsura tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Tidal Wave' is fairly vigorous with a lovely weeping habit and sea green leaves.
The habit is similar to that of the more more well known Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Pendulum', with trailing branches and heart-shaped leaves which turn attractive shades of yellow and orange in autumn before falling.
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist but well drained, acidic soils. Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Tidal Wave' will tolerate some lime but will grow better and produce more vivid autumn colour in lime free or acid soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Tidal Wave' requires shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized tree with graceful, weeping branches.
- Height: up to 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping, Scented, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!