(Nettle Tree or Hackberry) Native to parts of Southern Europe and North Africa, Celtis australis is a small to medium sized tree with lance-shaped, finely toothed mid green leaves turning yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Available Winter 2018
(Nettle Tree or Hackberry) Native to parts of Southern Europe and North Africa, Celtis australis is a small to medium sized tree with lance-shaped, finely toothed mid green leaves turning yellow and bronze before falling in autumn. Celtis have a smooth gray bark when young, typically becoming fissured once established.
Celtis australis is very tolerant of salt air, air pollution and dry conditions, making it a good tree for difficult urban areas, dry gardens or coastal planting.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in this plant please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on (01530) 413700 and we will contact you when this plant is next available.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Most soils. Celtis australis is very tolerant of dry soil conditions but does not usually enjoy waterlogged sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Celtis australis grows to be a small to medium sized tree with an oval crown once established.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft) / or up to 5 - 6 m in 10 years (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / or up to 3 - 4 m in 10 years (10 - 13 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £14.95