Carpinus betulus 'Lucas'
(Fastigiate Hornbeam) A new selection, Carpinus betulus 'Lucas' is narrow, and upright in habit with dark green summer leaves and yellow/orange autumn colour once established.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A new selection, Carpinus betulus 'Lucas' is narrow, and upright in habit with dark green summer leaves and yellow/orange autumn colour once established. It seems to have a slightly more compact habit than the similar Carpinus betulus 'Fastigiata'.
The very narrow habit makes Carpinus 'Lucas' suitable for even the smallest of gardens and also for growing as an avenue tree!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil. Carpinus betulus 'Lucas' is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Carpinus betulus 'Lucas' grows to be a medium sized tree with an exceptionally narrow habit.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Habit - Narrow, To grow in a pot
You might also like