- Sold Out
Carpinus betulus 'Globus'
(Hornbeam) A sought after and slow growing selection of hornbeam, Carpinus betulus 'Globus' grows into a distinctive, tear-shaped small tree.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A sought after and slow growing selection of hornbeam, Carpinus betulus 'Globus' grows into a distinctive, tear-shaped small tree. The leaves are dark green in spring, summer and turn a rich mustard-yellow in autumn. The architectural habit makes this tree handsome even in the depths of winter without a leaf on it!
Carpinus betulus 'Globus' is a very striking tree but is very slow growing and definitely best suited for a patient gardener!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil. Carpinus betulus 'Globus' is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow when young but slow to moderate once established.
- Habit: Carpinus betulus 'Globus' grows to be a small tree with a dramatic, tear-like habit.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Suitable for Containers