Caragana arborescens 'Walker'
(Dwarf Weeping Pea Tree) Caragana arborescens 'Walker' is a stiffly weeping, dwarf tree with bright green, delicate leaves and masses of bight yellow flowers in late spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A stiffly weeping and dwarf selection, Caragana 'Walker' has bright green, delicate leaves and masses of bight yellow flowers in late spring.
The weeping pea tree is very hardy plant, suitable for small gardens and will also grow very well in a large container or tub.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Caragana tolerates very alkaline soils and will also do well in very poor conditions, although it dislikes and will not grow well in a heavy, waterlogged soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy. Caragana will tolerate an exposed position in a cold garden very well.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow
- Habit: Very small tree with a weeping habit, this will really only grow downwards as the weeping branches lengthen.
- Height: up to1.5 m
- Spread: 1 m
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Habit - Weeping, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like