Caragana arborescens 'Lorbergii'
A beautiful tree which was first raised in 1906 at the Lorberg nursery in Germany and remains an uncommon, much sought after plant. It has lush green, finely divided, fennel-like foliage on gracefully arching branches.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Caragana arborescens 'Lorbergii' is a beautiful tree which was first raised in 1906 at the Lorberg nursery in Germany and remains an uncommon, much sought after plant. It has lush green, finely divided, fennel-like foliage on gracefully arching branches. In late spring the branches are covered with masses of small yet vividly yellow, pea-like flowers.
One of our customers who gardens in Finland close to the arctic circle finds this species completely hardy! A very hardy, ornamental small tree.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Caragana tolerates very alkaline soils and will also do well in very poor conditions, although it dislikes and will not grow well in a heavy, waterlogged soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy. Caragana will tolerate an exposed position in a cold garden very well.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Caragana arborescens 'Lorbergii' grows to be a small tree with an elegant branching habit.
- Height: 4 - 6 m
- Spread: 3 - 4 m
- Notes: We have a specimen of Caragana arborescens 'Lorbergii', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery. At 14 years old, it had reached a height of 3 m, a spread of 2 - 3 m.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!