Campsis radicans 'Flava'
(Yellow Trumpet Vine) A native of the South-east United States, the beauty of this climber must have attracted the notice of the first settlers, for it was introduced to England in 1640.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A native of the South-east United States, the beauty of this climber must have attracted the notice of the first settlers, for it was introduced to England in 1640. Campsis radicans 'Flava' is a vigorous climber with clear-yellow , 8 - 10 cm long, trumpet-like flowers in late summer.
The flowers stand out well against the cool green leaves and this lovely plant will grow and flower best against a hot sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Campsis radicans 'Flava' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Campsis radicans 'Flava' will grow and flower best in a hot position with plenty of sun.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
- On sale!
- On sale!