Camellia sasanqua 'Kenkyo'
A winter flowering shrub, Camellia sasanqua 'Kenkyo' has masses of attractive white flowers (sometimes pale pink in bud) in late autumn and winter.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Avalable Spring 2018
A winter flowering shrub, Camellia sasanqua 'Kenkyo' has masses of attractive white flowers (sometimes pale pink in bud) in late autumn and winter. Evergreen with dark green, glossy leaves.
Camellia sasanqua 'Kenkyo' is an excellent shrub for border planting and is also suitable for growing in a large container. Requires a position with shelter from cold winter winds.
Supplied Size: Sorry, we have now sold out of this plant. If you are interested in it, please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you when it is next available.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas this can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: November - Jan.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Camellia sasanqua 'Kenkyo' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large shrub.
- Height: 2- 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also like