Camellia japonica 'Lovelight'
A beautiful evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Lovelight' has showy, large, semi-double white flowers and golden stamen in spring.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful shrub, Camellia japonica 'Lovelight' has showy, large, semi-double white flowers and golden stamen in spring. These flowers can help give a cheerful feel to a garden in early spring when most other plants are bare. This is an evergreen plant and the leaves are dark green and glossy.
Camellia japonica 'Lovelight' is an excellent shrub for border planting and is also suitable for growing in a large container.
- <Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas this can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Camellia japonica 'Lovelight' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Pruing: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Winter, Suitable for Containers