Callicarpa bodinieri 'Profusion'
(Beauty Berry) A popular shrub which is native to China, Callicarpa bodinieri var giraldii 'Profusion' has clusters of pink flowers, followed by masses of metallic-purple berries in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A popular shrub which is native to China, Callicarpa bodinieri var giraldii 'Profusion' has clusters of pink flowers, followed by masses of metallic-purple berries in autumn.
The young leaves are an attractive bronze and purple when young, turning pale green in the summer and developing purple / bronze tints in autumn before falling. The combination of the foliage and vibrant berries makes this an excellent plant for a use in flower arranging.
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Callicarpa will establish itself better in a warm garden.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Callicarpa bodinieri var. giraldii 'Profusion' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Pruning: Prune to shape in early spring if required. Callicarpa bodinieri var. giraldii 'Profusion' is a self fertile form, but it will produce more berries if planted in small groups of several plants.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like